“History of Tashkent Medical Academy dates back to 1919, when in April 13, 1919, it was decided to open a medical faculty of Turkestan State University. In 1931, the medical faculty was renamed into a medical institute called as Tashkent State Medical Institute.
In 1935 the Tashkent Medical Institute was known as the Central Asian Medical Institute. The institute experienced consistent positive developmental changes and over a period of time emerged as a leading Medical Institute of Central Asia attracting large number of local and international students. By the end of 1980, the institute had 1,042 faculty members, including 6 academicians, 24 Uzbek doctors, 90 doctors of medical sciences, professors, 207 candidates of medical sciences, associate professors, and students. During this period, the Institute improved the educational, educational, methodological, scientific, state and international relations. The Institute established cooperation with leading medical institutions in Hungary, Germany, Poland and Russia.Read More