Russia has also been a big choice for Indian students. About 6 thousand medical students especially those studying MBBS go to Russia every year. About 8 lakh students appear for MBBS in India, but only 1 lakh students get admission to Indian medical colleges. This is the reason that every year thousands of Indian students have to move to other countries including Russia.
A senior consultant from Axis Institute educational consultancy says that Russia is also a favorite destination for Indian students for medical studies. Due to the lack of medical seats in our country, medical colleges in Russia are becoming popular among students. The doors of medical universities in Russia remain open for Indian students. Thousands of Indian medical students every year move to countries like Kyrgyzstan, Russia, and Uzbekistan, where medical college admission is easy and the cost is also less.
Following are the advantages of doing MBBS in Russia:-
- The education fee for MBBS in Russia is very low as compared to other European countries.
- There is not much difference between the currency of India and Russia, the currency of both countries is almost equal. Accordingly, doing an MBBS in Russia is very economical and cheap for Indian students.
- The admission process in Russian universities is simple. To study MBBS in Russia, there is no need for students to take separate country-based exams like MCAT etc.
- It is not necessary to pass a language test like IELTS or TOEFL for admission in Russia.
- The education of MBBS in Russia is similar to that of Indian medical colleges so that students do not need any other coaching and they can return to India for higher studies.
- Most of the universities in Russia are accredited by WHO (world health organization) and WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools). Students can successfully practice in India after passing the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE).
- Coaching for NMC Screening Test is provided to Indian students in almost all the universities in Russia.
- If a student fulfills all the criteria to get admission to the Medical University of Russia, then he gets a visa easily.
For admission in Russia you will need the following documents:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet.
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photo
- Invitation letter from Medical University of Russia
- Your HIV Test Report
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs
- Proof of the validity of all your documents from any Russian embassy
- Visa fee payment receipt
University receipt + first-year tuition fee